[tex-live] TEXINPUTS problem

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sun Oct 17 11:11:37 CEST 2004

On Oct 17, 2004, at 10:52, Thomas Esser wrote:

>>> In the old version, "progname" is not defined. Thus
>
> Hm... People who mix a new teTeX or TeX Live with other "old"
> applications
> can run into the same trap. Maybe, we sould set
>
>   # $progname: kpathsea v. 3.5.3 or later overwrites this at runtime.
>   # avoid empty expansions from binaries linked against an earlier
>   # version of the library, we set $progname to something non-empty:
>   progname = unset
>
> in texmf.cnf.
>
> Olaf?

Elegant. Note that I did adapt texmf.in in source.development and
Master with XeTeX entries (harmless after all) but that I did not
succeed in adapting the one in source because it had numoerous other
changes pending. maybe someone can fix that or make sure that source is
up to date with the (new) freeze status of source.development.