[tex-live] TEXINPUTS problem

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Oct 16 20:55:21 CEST 2004

    grep 'GNU General Public License' *
    in the kpathsea directory shows quite a few files...

Right, as you said in your followup, most of them are standalone
binaries, not part of the library.  So they aren't linked into xetex.

The two that may be part of the library are tex-hush and xgetcwd.
Whether those functions are actually linked to xetex, I don't know --
it's quite possible they aren't.  They should be changed to the LGPL.  I
wrote them, and I hereby declare that to be the case.

    And what about Web2C: does it introduce some GPL code into the
    executable built with Web2C?

Not to my knowledge.  If it does, it's a mistake.

Vladimir, why are you looking for trouble like this :)?

If you want to find technical legal problems, there are plenty of them
around.  But aren't there better things to spend time on?