[tex-live] TL2004 vs TL2003 change

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sat Oct 16 09:42:24 CEST 2004

Gerben Wierda <Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl> writes:

> One user reported:
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> PS:  What was a bit unexpected was that the pagebreaks changed;
>> which creates a bit of extra work for me, since I am in the final
>> stages with the biggie, and nicely accommodating 250 floats can be a
>> pain.  I am not complaining, am just surprised.
>
> Should that have happened?

Depends on what packages where used, and most importantly, whether the
OP used the -src-specials option.  In the latter case, all bets are
off: page breaks may change from version to version at their leasure,
and of course also when compared to without the option.

In TeXlive7, we even had indentation after chapter and section
headings.