[tex-live] bug in the latest TeX Live snapshot.

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Tue Oct 12 09:04:46 CEST 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

>     > error can be reproduced, seems to be something with etex:
>
>     > % this line is ok
>     > %\centerline{\beginR Vyr hVyryM\endR}
>
> It doesn't work for me, "Vyr" is invisible in both cases.

Oh yes, just confirmed with the original texlive 2004 pdfetex. There is
a subtle difference: My pdfetex at home includes also the inofficial
untested pdftex patches (notably the 115 one) from sarovar, and these
seem to influence the etex behavior in PDF mode. Just in case you are
wondering about some remaining inconsistency in the mails, after etex
has been repaired :-)

I've uploaded the files:

www.circuitwizard.de/misc/r.pdf - the one from texlive 2004
www.circuitwizard.de/misc/r-patch.pdf - the patched one