[tex-live] location of t1* binaries

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Sat Oct 9 10:27:45 CEST 2004

> for me, with a teTeX non-source-tree build.  Rather than
> '--with-kpathsea=texk-local', it now expects you to supply the
> configuration argument '--enable-tetex-build'.  Let me know how it works.

Thanks, looks much better now. One problem is that configure has no
access to make variables, so it still fails:

  configure:4748: checking kpathsea/kpathsea.h presence
  configure:4758: gcc -E  -I$(top_builddir)/../../texk -I$(top_srcdir)/../../texk conftest.c
  conftest.c:25:31: kpathsea/kpathsea.h: No such file or directory

If you really want to run
  AC_CHECK_HEADER(kpathsea/kpathsea.h, [kpse_header=yes], [kpse_header=no])
you have to set CPPFLAGS in a way that the shell understands.

In my opinion, there is no need to check for header files if
--enable-tetex-build is set.  In that case, I'd prefer to make no test
or a simpler one, such as
  test -f $srcdir/../../texk/kpathsea/kpathsea.h

Thomas