[tex-live] TexLive on a Live CD

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Oct 5 17:56:36 CEST 2004

Karl Berry wrote:

>     but it is just too big and bloated to pass muster these days.
>
> This seems illogical to me.  Just remove whatever you have to to make it
> fit.  That decision is the hard part.  The core web2c etc. is not any
> more bloated than it ever has been, as far as I can tell.
>
> Seems pretty pointless to discuss it here, though.

but we need to pick up that thread after tl is finished; when isee those
files come by i think much can go esp in a live system (for instance all
those metafont things to start with)

maybe next time we should have something xmllive on the dvd, something
minimal and handy for processing xml, in which case we can stick to a
few fonts (only outlines and so) and leave out most of the binaries as
well; it also demonstrates that we progress -)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE