[tex-live] Tex-Live 2004 Windows Installer

Jason Gatz jay_gatsby2000 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 27 20:54:47 CET 2004

Making it do both ZIPs and filesystem would probably require hard coding
everything and then simply checking which version of TeXLive is on the
CD-ROM, but since you already have a Unix-based script to do this have you
considered perhaps converting everything to Perl (or other scripting
language) and making a Win32 GUI front end for it? This would probably be
the easiest as you'd really only have to maintain one install script for all
OS's and the OS dependent Win32 GUI would provide the necessary feedback
like required dependancies, etc, all fed from the master script.

Have a look at: http://nsis.sourceforge.net/ it is an open source script
based installer but provides a GUI interface, many open source projects use
this as the installer tool. Have a look at the screen shots:
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/features/screenshots/ these are of projects done
with it.

- Jay