[tex-live] texdoctk errors for Tk.pm 804.027

George N. White III aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Sun Nov 7 14:08:22 CET 2004

texdoctk gives a "no selection" error when using the current Tk.pm.
The problem is described by texdoc Tk::804delta:

     curselection of Tk::Listbox now returns an array reference in
     scalar  context. This means you have to write

                my(@selected) = $listbox->curselection

        or

                my(@selected) = @{ $listbox->curselection }

"curselection" is used once in texdoctk -- the corrected line is:

   $tplist->bind('<Button-1>'=>sub{my ($slctind)=$tplist->curselection();

This works with older versions of Tk.pm.  Note that there are versions of
the perl script in the bin directory for each *n*x platform as well as
the one in texmf/scripts/tetex, I presume because some Win32 stuff fails
with *n*x.

--
George N. White III  <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca>