[tex-live] Viewing doc through texdocpk

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Thu Nov 4 04:51:45 CET 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Karl Berry wrote:

> I am sad that texdoctk apparently requires manual maintenance of every
> single doc file.  This does not seem like a good idea.  Why not search
> for both .dvi and .pdf, at the very least?  And surely subdir searching
> would be a much better mechanism than explicitly specifying every
> directory.  Wow.

Fortunatelly, texdoctk doesn't use absolute path and works now with
differents trees (texmf/doc/, texmf-dist/doc/ and texmf-doc/doc/ so we
have some progress...

> Staszek, I think you've talked with the texdoctk maintainer before.
> Would you like to bring up this problem, maybe show them Thomas's
> script, etc.?  I am not inclined to hack up texdoctk.dat myself.

Sure. It it somehow tedious work. Kaja spent a lot of time last year
for correcting it by hand. Anyway, it would be welcome if someone
can follow Thomas' ideas and take this part (Daniel, can you help?).

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl