[tex-live] lambda, omega, latex.ini

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue May 11 08:38:11 CEST 2004

At 00:03 11/05/2004, Karl Berry wrote:

>The only other Omega developer I know who might be able to help is
>Roozbeh Pournader.  Not sure if he's still working on it, but we could
>try asking him specific questions.  He's not going to be familiar
>with the ins and outs of TeX Live (like texmf vs. texmf-dist), though.
>
>Is anyone else on this list familiar with Omega installations?

only the binary; i also made sure to keep files out of my tree because (esp
the math->xml stuff, because a lot of unneeded things are loaded then due
to strange automatisms)

at bachotek john told the audience that he was working on a c++ version
that would be stable which implied that the current one is instable; afaik
aleph is mors stable but uses an older version, which is no problem if the
new stuff does not work right anyway;

i'd say: if no advanced omega user submits it, drop it and wait till
someone with enough knowledge packages it for you; in the meantime ship
guiseppe's aleph with the minimum amount of files; i suspect most omega
users to have their own files in their local tree anyway (filters, fonts,
macros)

Hans