[tex-live] pdf(e)tex compatible with tex?

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Tue May 11 03:36:31 CEST 2004

I'm so sorry, but I found some incompatibilities in pdfetex in dvi mode.
My silly test, attached in il1test.zip, or in case that the mailer could
remove it, available from
ftp:/ftp.gust.org.pl/TeX/GUST/test/il1test.zip
can show you that some primitives give strange output, e.g. not expected
headlines and footers using pdfetex based latex format. This example can
be compared with 'latex' or 'pdflatex' from TeX Live 2003 against the
*current* stuff from P4 depot (pdf(e)tex 1.20b-2.1).

Ps. Martin, your 'Bye' was rejected, so I'd still like to hear your
opinions.

Best,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz