[tex-live] lambda, omega, latex.ini

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Mon May 10 19:09:37 CEST 2004

> > the problem with hyphenation patterns (currently) is that the files are
> > tex files and hardly deserve the name generic

And as tex files, they need to be put somewhere into texmf/tex. If the
hyphenation files work more or less independed of the format, these files
deserve a place in texmf/tex/generic.

I don't think that texmf/tex/generic/omegahyphen (or omhyphen) is such
a bad place...

> > till next year, and just put the omega specific files under the main
> > omega path)

There is nothing like a main omega path. Hyphenation pattern files
are read along the TEXINPUTS path by omega and we want to texmf/tex//
as the only place for those files.

Thomas