[tex-live] lambda, omega, latex.ini

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Mon May 10 16:22:30 CEST 2004

I'm interesting where should go lambda and omega stuff. We have now:
texmf-dist/omega/lambda/base/lambda.ini (and other "input" files)
texmf-dist/omega/lambda/omegabook/
texmf-dist/tex/aleph/lambda/config/lambda.ini

but texmf.cnf says:
TEXINPUTS.lambda = .;$TEXMF/tex/{lambda,latex,generic,}//
TEXINPUTS.omega  = .;$TEXMF/tex/{plain,generic}//

I think that texmf(-dist)/omega/ should contain only otp/ and ocp/
Can we move omega/lambda/ to tex/ together with lambda.ini?
In such a way aleph could be still used for making format following
the convention: tex/<format>/{base,config}/ (not tex/<egine>/config/

As for texmf-dist/tex/latex/config/latex.ini, can I change it on p4 depot
following Thomas' suggestion:
 \input pdftexconfig\pdfoutput=0
 \scrollmode
 \input latex.ini

or should we leave it at it was? Just to avoid any hot discussion...

Thanks,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl