[tex-live] TL2004: Technical problems and testing

kaja at daimi.au.dk kaja at daimi.au.dk
Sat May 8 14:45:15 CEST 2004

Quoting Martin Schröder <ms at artcom-gmbh.de>:

> Hi,
> during BachoTeX 2004 several LUG representatives and some
> developers discussed the current state of TeXLive and how to
> deliver a stable product that is compatible with existing
> installations.
>
> Present were:

I would like to comment Martin's letter which I haven't had a chance
to read until now.

The initiative for the TeXLive meeting in Bachotek came from Staszek and
I liked it: talking face to face is good. However, the direction taken by the
following discussion was not what I'd ever expected, as the major developers
were prevented from taking part and comment.

Although the letter may appear as a joint recommendation, whatever,
that was not, as far as I am concerned, the case.

Finally, I asked Martin that the draft of the letter is sent to those who
were present at the meeting for a round of comments and he assured me
on a couple of occasions that this will be done. It wasn't.

So, I am dissociating myself from this letter and its message.

Kaja