[tex-live] last weekend changes

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Sat Mar 27 18:46:33 CET 2004

> so many existing documents already have
>   \ifx\pdfoutput\undefined
>     .... % concerning dvi
>   \else
>     \usepackage{yy} % pdf
> Now, even for latex run \pdfoutput is always known, so I'd tend
> to put into some .ini (latex, mex etc.) files just
> \pdfoutput=0\let\pdfoutput\undefined

I am not sure if we should provide an automatic feature that hides all
pdftex primitives if people use e.g. latex. Maybe, it would be sufficient
to provide a TeX macro package that sets \pdfoutput to 0 and then sets
all possibly relevant control sequences to \undefined.

That way, people who just want to run broken code can easily insert
some
  \usepackage{hidepdf}
or
  \input hidepdf
at the beginning of the document.

This approach was suggested by David Kastrup (tetex-pretest mailing list).

Thomas