[tex-live] Is TeXk from TeXlive 2003 TRIP certified?

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Tue Mar 16 16:55:05 CET 2004

> isn't it? I thought the point of the trip test was for the developer
> to check their work, not the end user.

Definitely.

Who would want to run TeX with those defaults ???? Not to speak about
the rather limited memory size (!), but why would my terminal be stuck to 72
chars, error lines to 64 and so on ? Please ...

If you lost 2 pages out of 16, it is simply because the trip test
expects 72 char lines.

Fabrice

% triptrap/texmf.cnf -- configuration for the trip and trap tests.

% These values apply to all the programs, and they are necessary for any
% kind of reasonable diff.
error_line = 64
half_error_line = 32
max_print_line = 72

% TeX, Metafont, and MetaPost.
mem_bot.tex          =    1
main_memory.tex      = 3000 % can't change mem_bot, it stays 0
main_memory.mf       = 3000 % Knuth's log has 3001, and it changes the capsules.
main_memory.mpost    = 4500

% In case you happen to run an ini* link by hand.
mem_bot.initex       =    1
main_memory.initex   = 3000 % can't change mem_bot, it stays 0
main_memory.inimf    = 3000 % Knuth's log has 3001, and the capsules change.
main_memory.inimpost = 4500

% Actually, Metafont currently ignores the settings for max_strings,
% string_vacancies and pool_size specified here, but it doesn't hurt
% to supply the correct values, just in case this changes one day.

max_strings.tex      = 3000
max_strings.mf       = 2000
max_strings.mpost    = 2500

% In case you happen to run an ini* link by hand.
max_strings.initex   = 3000
max_strings.inimf    = 2000
max_strings.inimpost = 2500

string_vacancies = 8000
pool_size = 40000

% TeX only.
font_mem_size = 20000
font_max = 75
stack_size = 200
nest_size = 40
buf_size = 500
save_size = 600
dvi_buf_size = 800
% Although hyph_size is settable, it can't be <hyph_prime, which is 607,
% and the original trip setting is 307, so no point in changing the default.

% Metafont only.
gf_buf_size = 8   % trapman.tex says to use this.
MFTERM = trap     % get the right screen output
% trapman.tex says these values will help reduce the diffs, but it
% actually only gives us one extra hunk (a BLANKRECTANGLE), so they
% don't seem worth dynamicizing.
%screen_width = 100
%screen_depth = 200

% MetaPost only.  Turn off callmakempx, i.e., makempx,
% since we can only test tex and dvitomp, and we'll test those in other
% places anyway.  (mpto fails because of the unending string constant
% check in trap.mp.)
MPXCOMMAND = 0

% Avoid running any MakeTeX* program.
MAKETEXTFM = 0
MAKETEXTEX = 0
MAKETEXMF = 0

% Avoid reading any texfonts.map:
TEXFONTMAPS = triptrap

% Search paths.
% trip.tex:
TEXINPUTS = .
% trap.mf:
MFINPUTS = .
% trap.mp, mtrap.mp:
MPINPUTS = .
% trip.tfm, trap.tfm, trapf.tfm:
TFMFONTS = .
% trip.fmt:
TEXFORMATS = .
% trap.base:
MFBASES = .
% trap.mem:
MPMEMS = .
% tex.pool:
TEXPOOL = .
% mf.pool:
MFPOOL = .
% mp.pool:
MPPOOL = .

> -- Sebastian Rahtz Information Manager Oxford University Computing
> Services 13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN. Phone +44 1865 283431

Fabrice Popineau