[tex-live] Another restructuring issue

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Sat Mar 13 01:13:30 CET 2004

> Personally, if I were to set this up anew, it would be along the lines
> of
>
> 	.../TeX/share/texmf-*
> 	.../TeX/share/include
> 	etc. And
> 	.../TeX/arch/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/bin

The kpathsea library (which is basically what ends up in lib and include
is not (yet) redistributable. The header files are more than platform
dependent, they even depend on the compiler that was used.

I don't see why we distribute it at all. It might make sense to do so
after Olaf has finnished his redesign. My guess is that this ends up in
TL 2006, Olaf is more optimistic and assumes TL 2005. :-)

Thomas