[tex-live] Where is Master/texmf/tex/generic/tex4ht?

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sat Mar 13 00:32:56 CET 2004

On Mar 13, 2004, at 00:08, Fabrice Popineau wrote:

>> Master/texmf/tex4ht is available but Master/texmf/tex/generic/tex4ht
>> is missing. As far as I know, one needs both.
>
> Master/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht
>
> Support files for tex4ht are distributed independently of programs.

So, tex4ht has been split accross texmf-dist and texmf. What is the
rationale for such a split?

I get the feeling that things are moving into a direction that is going
to cause me serious trouble. Last time I had some time joining this
discussion (before the onslaught of work and exams) we had decided to
have a texmf tree for support stuff (foundation, the Master part of TL)
and one that holds abything that is created by the make install in the
Build part of TL.

Now, it seems that parts that really belong together end up in
different texmf trees.