[tex-live] t1code.tex not found

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Mar 11 12:17:13 CET 2004

Petr Olsak wrote:

> Please, accept the author's wish and revert the files from tex/csplain
> and tex/cslatex to its original locations.

if someone shows we are not being TDS compliant, we will, of
course!

> Please, do it and show a
> little respect to the authors of software used in your TeX distribution.

I might equally suggest that authors should respect the
wishes of the community :-}

> Why and for whom is the TDS dessigned?

its a good question. but beyond our remit.

in my book, TeX Live has three goals:

  1. it includes everything it can. it does not make choices
about whether package A is good or bad

  2. it follows the open source guidelines, so that
everything can be redistributed and changed

  3. it follows the best available standards

for the last N years, we have not packaged the cs* stuff
quite right; now that Fabrice has noticed, and fixed it, we
are even closer to one our goals.

--
Sebastian Rahtz      Information Manager
Oxford University Computing Services