[tex-live] t1code.tex not found

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Mar 10 09:33:54 CET 2004

On Mit, 10 Mär 2004, Petr Olsak wrote:
> Adding a more complicated directory structure makes these tasks more
> complicated.

You miss the point! The point is that if you want to manage/update/etc
literally hundreds if not thousands of packages, as we=Sebastian doing
here, it is a good thing to be able to use some scripts.

If packages do not comply to the TDS, the scripts break, the packages
has to be updated by hand, ... leading to possibly completely outdated
packages.

Ask me: How many `normal' TeX users and how man admins do install
packages themselves? I guess close to none, they either take TeXlive or
fpTeX or teTeX or what ever is packaged in their distribution.

If the package does not allows easy handling by the meta-maintainers, it
will suffer from neglegence.

Is this what you want?

IMHO we are all working to have a complete, +-easy to manage system
which is also easy to keep current, *without* hours of hand work!

> I am the author of csplain and I have the copyright of this package.
> I wish to leave the tex/csplain directory structure in siple state.

Can you give me a reason why this is so important for you, besides
disturbing people packaging up the whole stuff?

> Please, take this fact to your mind and revert the tex/csplain and
> tex/cslatex directories to the old state.

Probably not. Otherwise we do not follow TDS.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien