[tex-live] xdvi problems on IRIX

George N. White III aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Wed Jun 23 15:43:52 CEST 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Olaf Weber wrote:

> On IRIX, xdvi compiles to use Motif, but fails when being run: it
> opens the window and displays the pagelist, but at about the point
> where it is drawing the toolbar it puts the following message on the
> terminal and exits:
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>  Major opcode of failed request:  62 (X_CopyArea)
>  Serial number of failed request:  1213
>  Current serial number in output stream:  1343
>

> Any ideas?

You may be mixing Motif versions.  If you have the feature stream
or the 6.5.22 merged stream you probably have:

$ versions | grep 'Motif.*Combined'
I motif_eoe 04/30/2004 IRIX IM Execution Software (Motif 1.2 and 2.1
Combined) for 6.5.22

I got xdvi-motif.bin to run (it seems to display files OK, but dumps
core if I choose "cancel" without selecting a file, so is a bit fragile)
for teTeX-3beta using:

CC='c99 -mips4 -g -O2 -D_BSD_COMPAT -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500' \
CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/freeware/include -I/usr/Motif-2.1/include" \
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/freeware/lib32 -rpath /usr/local/lib:/usr/freeware/lib32" \
./configure  --prefix=/opt/tex/tetex-3

I used c99 mainly to try and break things -- -D_BSD_COMPAT is needed to
get select for X.

--
George N. White III  <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca>
   Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada