[tex-live] xemacs

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Sat Jun 12 01:21:17 CEST 2004

> It works, but only with developer versions of Emacs.  And the same
> goes for the toolbar.  Now if you stipulate that working versions of
> the toolbar and preview-latex might be important to Windows users,
> then you are caught in the dilemma of picking an underfeatured and
> somewhat outdated version of Emacs, or a judiciously selected
> developer snapshot of Emacs, or both.  You would need a competent
> Emacs/TeX/Windows user to make sure to get a reasonably working and
> well-configured pick.  And Fabrice uses XEmacs.

Not at all. I don't think we have any users using preview-latex (my fault
I guess, I normally just use gv and perhaps latexmk)

I just wanted a version of NTEmacs and Auc TeX of course to be on the CD.
That's all my users need.

Most people here don't use all of the hidden potential in Auc TeX, most
just just it to insert environments, sections fontcommands and to compile
the file and perhaps contert it into ps, that all.

I hope to have the time to do a long LaTeX introduction again this fall,
in which I'll demonstrate preview-latex. But the users here basically just
do what ever I tell them to do ;-) ...

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
 -- Abraham Lincoln