[tex-live] A bit of topic: Adobe plugin and PDF files made by latex

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Fri Jun 11 17:21:40 CEST 2004

Lars Madsen :

> When using the adobe plugin for acrobat reader (in my case version 5.0.5
> and mozilla firefox on Linux)
>
> The plugin fails to display some pdf files made using pdflatex. they end
> up just being blank or just showing a few words or characters.

Great right after I had send this mail I found a hint (the READme file
from AR 5.0.8.

I have to upgrade my webserver, Apaches below version 1.3.17 can cause
problems like the above in combination with the AR plugin.

Sorry for the inconvenience

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
 -- Abraham Lincoln