[tex-live] Re: Re: tex.ch changes that should go into omega and aleph

Giuseppe Bilotta bilotta78 at hotpop.com
Sun Jun 6 11:31:17 CEST 2004

Olaf Weber wrote:
> Giuseppe Bilotta writes:
> > Olaf Weber wrote:
>
> >> There have been changes in tex.ch that should probably be merged into
> >> omega and aleph.  Volunteers?
> >>
> >> They are in the area addressed by comw32.ch -- much of what was in
> >> there should now be -- elsewhere, I suppose.  The changes in tex.ch
> >> center on versions #21 and later.
>
> > Can you send me a diff? I'm not comfortable enough with
> > perforce yet to know how to track changes.
>
> Sent directly.

Thanks Olaf, thanks Karl. It seems to me I don't have much to
with the Aleph and Omega base ... the changes are of three
groups:

* (minor) TEX_(POOL|ENGINE)_NAME changed to TEXMF_\1_NAME

This is already implemented in Aleph, it seems.

* ML-TeX and enc-TeX related stuff, plus dumping and undumping
of TCX files

I don't really think these have any meaning for Omega and
Aleph, since I doubt those TeX extension are compatible with it

* spaces in filename

I just noticed that most of the code added to tex.ch is already
present in the "w32" changefiles for Omega, which if I'm not
mistaked is the set of fpTeX-specific changes. Looks like I'll
just have to move it to all platforms.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Can't you see