[tex-live] type1 font handling for pdflatex changed?

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jul 4 20:07:47 CEST 2004

Hello,

In TeX Live 2003 I simply added the line to the file
texmf-var/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg:

map +tiqwah.map

and added tiqwah.map to some subdirectory inside TeX/texmf-local
and then run texconfig rehash.

But now something is different. Namely there is no pdftex.cfg anywhere.
Ok, I thought, let's see how kerkis.map is registered. So I found it
registered in texmf-local/web2c/updmap.cfg and I added a similar line:

Map tiqwah.map

and run texconfig rehash. But it still doesn't work, i.e. pdflatex tries
to generate pk bitmap versions from sources. (I have the sources of Tiqwah
fonts but I have produced Type1 version of them, so I insist on using them
as they are much much better than the original pk version)

Any ideas which step I am missing in registration of Type1 fonts?

Kind regards
Tigran