[tex-live] Re: TeXsetup.exe / Win95(b) installation problem [TeXLive 7 - 9/2003]

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Jan 4 19:51:38 CET 2004

Hi George,

you wrote:

>I've installed TL2003 far too many times on Win95B machines, starting with
>the beta test versions.  Installing TL2003 does appear to stress PC
>hardware -- two cheap clone machines failed while doing ls-R's (both with
>Win98, one from a disk failure covered under warranty and the other
>from a terminal case of overheating not covered under warranty).

Ah .. tex driving disks and processors crazy .. this should go somewhere in
tex history list, or on the tex live home page: something

   we have reports of crashing disks and overheated chipset .... you cannot
held the .... responsible ...

TeXLive as a new kind of virus!

maybe we should ask duane to make a cartoon out of that!

Hans