[tex-live] texnames.sty

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Thu Feb 26 03:31:58 CET 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Nelson H. F. Beebe wrote:

> I concur with Martin Schröder: the latest version of texnames.sty is
> 1.10, dated 02 March 1998 08:36:13 MST, present in the CTAN path
> tex-archive/info/biblio/texnames.sty.
> The only significant difference between the official 1.09 and 1.10
> versions is the addition of a definition of \LaTeXe.  Thus, files that
> use the 1.09 version should be able to transparently use the 1.10
> version without no output differences.

This is very strange: 1.09 already contains \LaTeXe, so 1.10
added only a history comment.
However there are more differences in definitions of \BibTeX,
\SLiTeX and \AmSTeX, and in 1.10 \PiCTeX and \VorTeX were removed.

Anyway, I agree that 1.10 from CTAN should replace all those version
found in TL depot.
Now we have even more copies of texnames.sty in
texmf-dist/doc/guides/texlive/
I don't know what was the reason moving sources here, since
doc/tldoc/ still contains ready made documents for some languages.
btw tldoc-* tpm files are corrupted. :(

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl