[tex-live] .enc, .map and texmf.cnf

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Feb 21 18:04:48 CET 2004

Hi Thomas,

>TEXCONFIG. pdftex has used TEXPSHEADERS, but this was a bug. Nobody
>really noticed this, however, until we made this change.

actually it was some fuzzy feature -)

i've always found that strange for pdftex, but i was told that it had to be
(something to do with all those map etc files) and could not be changed
(talking of years back); but i'm glad it gone now; i guess that originally
psheaders was for ps prologue files but got misused.

another anomality is that graphics are searched along the tex source path,
should be an independent graphics path $GRAPHICINPUTS, defaulting to $TEXINPUTS

Hans