[tex-live] cleanup

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Tue Feb 17 19:02:04 CET 2004

"KB" == Karl Berry writes:

 VV>     it's not clear what is suggested for INF files -

 KB> You tell me.  I've never used an INF file in my life.  Does
 KB> software that uses them look in the same directory as the PFM?
 KB> Or in the same directory as the AFM?  Or ... ?

Adobe Type Manager (ATM), which is used to install the Type 1 fonts,
searches for the PFB+AFM+INF files in the same directory to generate
the PFM file (the latter is generated from AFM+INF, but ATM cannot
install the Type 1 font without PFB being in the same directory as
AFM+INF).

Given that we already put AFM in a different directory than PFB (so we
cannot achive the result of having PFB+AFM+INF in the same dir without
having to move the files), I'd put INF into in same dir as AFM,
because AFM+INF can be used to generate the PFM file.

Best,
v.