[tex-live] cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Feb 14 19:17:28 CET 2004

Hi Sebastian, hi List!

On Sam, 14 Feb 2004, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> I have put the first experimental .iso images at
> http://www.tug.org/texlive/Images/.

Wow, we start early this year, but this is good.

> The only uptodate binaries on here are for Linux/386, but perhaps

Linux/alpha should not be too bad, I think I uploaded quite recent
binaries.

> - fixed or upgraded about 100 packages
> - changed from texmf to texmf-dist for the main tree
> - implementation of new TDS standards  for font map files etc
> - new beta-release of pdftex etc

I am working with the Master/texmf tree at several places without
problem. Only on the university (with 20+ computers) I am still
hesitating to make the big p4 sync which does the texmf-dist stuff, but
after I have finished my EU application for a Marie Curie Grant I will
have time, say in 2 days.

Best wishes

Norbert