[tex-live] source vs source.development question, dates and times for versions

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sun Dec 19 13:27:11 CET 2004

What is the p4 DATETIME at which source was copied from
source.development (TL2004)? Because we all compiled from
source.development for TL2004 and I would like to be able to get my
stable versions (including TL2004 from Nov 13 2004 13:00
source.development) from source and not from source.development.

Secondly, if we move away from p4 to CVS, I would like some older
snapshots to be saved as well. For instance, @2003/09/23:21:00:00 is my
stable date for the TL2003 source tree. I used source.development at
@2004/11/13:13:00:00 for my TL2004 binaries compilation.

Hmm, I am not writing very clearly. Let's summarise:
1. I would like source.development @2004/11/13:13:00:00 to be used as
the state from which source will be populated for the TL2004 stable
source directory. If another date, then without any experimental
changes since TL2004 was frozen.
2. When moving to something different than p4, I would like to have the
following snapshots available in different branches:
	source at 2003/09/23:21:00:00
	source@<whatever date the TL2004 stable will become>