[tex-live] man and texinfo

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Tue Aug 31 03:38:35 CEST 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Karl Berry wrote:

>     however Master/texmf/doc/info contains (not up-to-date):
>
> Are you sure they are not up to date?  I am positive the Texinfo and
> dvips sources, at least, have not been updated since I last built the
> info files.  And the gzip and bzip2 manuals have not changed in many
> years (unfortunately).  (I'm not even sure why we have them in TL -- we
> don't have gzip/bzip2 binaries, do we?  Let's delete them.)

As for bzip2 and gzip I'd left it for win32 users, OK?

> Your web2c doc for output-directory needs to be included before we
> rebuild web2c.

Olaf has already written the answer. The problem is: if we decided to have
web2c, kpathsea and texinfo in one-part .info file, why making a build
still generates multipart files with _diffent_ names. That's no problem
for me to update texmf tree by hand having the same files. As I see,
during a build web2c.info* files are just copied from the sources;
kpathsea.info and texinfo, texinfo-1, texinfo-2, texinfo-3 are generated.
I'd like only to find any order.

> texi2html needs to be installed, that's a recent addition.

Which one, multipart generated when making a build? Or -no-split one?
If so, I'd suggest changing that in the sources.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl