[tex-live] e-TeX 2.2 schedule update

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Aug 26 23:01:08 CEST 2004

    We are still not finished with building binaries

Yeah, like not even started :).

Martin, I saw that you have been checking in pdftex stuff, although CTAN
is still at pdftex-1.11b, apparently up to rc7.2 now.  Are you getting
close?  Should we ask everyone to build binaries at this point and start
more serious testing, or are there known problems?

Anyway, as far as etex 2.2 goes, I agree with Norbert -- go for it this
year if it looks reasonable (which I'm guessing is the case) or there's
something critical included.  Else postpone.

Thanks,
karl