[tex-live] Re: tex-live Digest, Vol 8, Issue 45

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Sep 26 16:48:23 CEST 2003

I didn't mean that I think dvi is the format which is best for all
purposes, but it IS good for many purposes, that's the reason why I do
NOT want to get rid of it.

On the contrary, I really enjoy the ability to produce pdfs directly and
send them, using all my expensively bought fonts.

I do not want to play out one against the other, but nothing beats xdvi
in viewing speed, source specials, jump into editor location, (and xdvi
CAN do type1 fonts, and graphics!).

PDF is good for distribution purposes. Also important. Yes

But anyway, I am gone to Malaysia, see you in 2 weeks.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien