[tex-live] copyright of texlive

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Sep 14 14:40:05 CEST 2003

I have written to the Springer editor about Apostolos' book, let's see
what they say.

If I keep my brain clean, I should remember to scan the CD cover
tomorrow and make it available. The CD itself does say straightforwardly
"(c) 2003 Springer-Verlag".

let's be clear that Springer were/are under no obligation to acknowledge
or advertise the TeX user groups in their book. Taking the TeX Live CD,
adding some more files, and putting it out with their own label etc is
all perfectly OK. But they must not claim copyright, or attempt to
inhibit other's licenses, as they have done.

Sebastian