[tex-live] Re: testing 27/28

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Sat Sep 6 00:02:08 CEST 2003

>     the demo CD is not runnable under windows because the .map files
> are symbolic links to their counterparts.

> Well, this seems a fairly serious problem :).

> Thomas, what do you think about changing the "ln -s" commands in
> updmap into "cp -f"?

Well, when I said "not runnable", I meant not runnable without running
updmap.exe so that .map files be created in some temp texmf tree. What I
actually do when xemacs is started.

> Alternatively, for purposes of TL production, we could have
> MakeImages.sh replace the map symlinks with files.

Anyway, I don't think it is a good idea to keep symlinks on a "portable"
cdrom. Those links are translated to a simple text file containing the
target path on windows, so are not usable.

So  yes, that would   be something sensible to  do,  except in the  bin/
subdirectory, just to prevent any other problem in the future.

--
Fabrice