[tex-live] [dgc@ccrwest.org: [texhax] inconsistency between pdftex and tex]

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Oct 19 12:45:48 CEST 2003

We should make pdftex, at least in tex live if not in the original
distribution, understand %& by default, I think.

Although that won't help with the problem as stated, since a first line
of %&latex will read latex.fmt, not pdflatex.fmt.  Seems like it would
be pretty random to make the pdf* binaries realize what they are and
prepend the string "pdf" to the format name.  Hmm.

Maybe we should just forget about %& altogether?