[tex-live] Re: May 2003 TUG news: TUG 2003/04, TUGboat, TeX Live, development grants

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon May 12 11:01:57 CEST 2003

    I don't have a DVD player on any machine I use, so CTAN on CD is
    better for me.

Ok, thanks for the feedback.

    > 5) TeX Live help wanted - the documentation for TeX Live could use a
    > number of improvements and additions, especially regarding basic
    > installation and usage.  If you would like to volunteer for this, please
    > contact tex-live at tug.org.

    What is desired here?  I don't wish to volunteer yet, but I may be
    able to help.

It's kind of an amorphous task.  In general, the documentation needs a
thorough overhaul, going through how the installation scripts work now,
comparing against the doc, adding more information about what's included
on the cd, etc.

Thanks,
karl