[tex-live] TeX showcase

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Wed Mar 12 22:13:04 CET 2003

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I would like to get your attention for the following. In preparation of
the 25th TeX anniversary conference in Hawaii this summer, I have had
the idea to create a TeX showcase, a web page dedicated to shining
examples of what you can do with TeX. I am looking for documents that
are small (a few pages mostly, and preferably also small in kB size),
that source and PDF-output (web showcase after all). Things I could use:
	- Music (musixtex?)
	- Linguistics
	- Math (of course)
	- Literature/poetry (Three pages Shakespeare anyone?)
	- Layout (ConTeXt? Metapost?)
	- Dynamic pages (i.e. texpower-based presentation in PDF)
	- Combination with other packages (i.e. Apple Keynote presentation
exported to PDF with TeX-output embedded)
	- PS and PDF tricks
	- Fun (whatever you can think off, e.g.what about a Poster sized PDF
with "Alles Lookenspeepers"?)

If you think you can create something that shows the excellence of TeX,
please send it to me. Send at least TeX source and PDF output.

Please send your replies to tex-showcase at rna.nl.

Thanks in advance,

Gerben Wierda