[tex-live] Compiling source.development

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja at daimi.au.dk
Sun Jun 22 14:18:50 CEST 2003

[changing the subject of this thread]

Fabrice Popineau writes:

 > > spend next Tuesday evening test the current images and seeing why
 > > source.development does not compile, is my advice
 >
 > Where does it fail to compile ? I shall try it.

I tried compiling source.development on solaris8 and found
two problems so far; I was able to fix the first.

- in eomega compilation failed with:
  ! Change file entry did not match (file ./eomegadir/omega.ch2, l.11).

  (Pardon me, but I think I spotted something wrong..)

the patterns in omega.ch2 were ok, except they had ^M in line
endings. I edited the file, submitted to perforce and recompiled;
hopefully eomega is fine now.

- massive errors while trying to compile in ttf2pk/ttflib.c:
  gcc -c -g -O2  -DHAVE_LIBM=1  ttflib.c
  ttflib.c:18:22: freetype.h: No such file or directory
  ttflib.c:25:28: extend/ftxpost.h: No such file or directory
  ttflib.c:26:28: extend/ftxopen.h: No such file or directory
It seems that the library path is not set properly (it should
include ../../libs/libttf/, which has freetype.h). config.log
is not illuminating in this respect. Help?

Kaja