[tex-live] CD/DVD images, and source

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jun 19 13:10:08 CEST 2003

problem fixed, back at ftp://www.tug.org/texlive/Images/

the "demo" CD weighs in at 675 Mbytes, with source put back and
texmf/source compressed (which will stop the install from working....)

anyone for mandating a 700 mbyte CD?

By the way, I am rapidly running out of time here for TeXLive.
Can I leave this issue of how to structure the demo CD with someone
else? Who will volunteer to take it over, and maintain the script
which generates the images?

I am also stuck with the source tree, because source.development does
not compile (eomega nonsense, for a start). Can someone else
have a go at this, and propose how we can get most (maybe all) of
source.development into a useable state? My inclination is to live
dangerously, as usual, and put it all in if in doubt.

Sorry if I seem to be not doing much - if you look closely at my
.signature, you'll see I have just started work on a new service here,
which has to be set up at very short notice, and I am overwhelmed.
--
Sebastian Rahtz      OSSwatch Manager
JISC Open Source Software Advisory Service