[tex-live] CD images

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Thu Jun 12 02:42:05 CEST 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Karl Berry wrote:
> > Yes, we definitely want to have a live (demo/subset) cd, as we
> > discussed.  That's what we've been promising.
> >
> > However, that's a different issue from whether the dvd is live, or just
> > a copy of the installable cd.  For simplicity, my suggestion was to make
> > it the same as the installable.
>
> no! the DVD is to be live! its simply a copy of the entire Master
> tree. it has its own installer for unix, install-dvd.sh

... and this install-dvd.sh can also work as installer for "small-live"
CD on Linux. It just uses available list files.

Only small notes when installing on Linux from mounted .iso:
  1 out of 57, disk space required:   2901 kB (??? for recommended?)

Counting required disk space somehow doesn't work.

  This is a summary of all `failed' messages and warnings:
  install_link failed for /usr/TeX/bin/i386-linux/mf. File already exists.

Not so dangerous.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl