[tex-live] CD images

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jun 11 10:39:20 CEST 2003

    Since the final layout of the CD differs from what we have in the depot,
    I'd suggest just making another directory at the same level as
    Master and Build for the contents of CD1, CD2 (DVD?). It can avoid

Why are we making the DVD and the CD different?  Trying to keep them in
sync sounds painful.  Why not just put the compressed files on the dvd as
well, so they can be the same?  How many people will really care about
running TL live from the DVD?  Seems vanishingly small to me.  (The
number of people who can use the dvd in the first place is already tiny.)

For that matter, I've always wondered why Master exists at all, and
isn't just created by running make in Build.