[tex-live] where are we going?

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Sat Jun 7 05:24:39 CEST 2003

On 6 Jun 2003, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> In particular:
>
>  a) can anyone update the documentation?

It depends mainly on all changes made to the installation setup
(for both windows and unix),

>  b) shall we use the current set of binaries, or compile a new set from
> source.development?

It is not so clear for me how source.development/ is promoted
to source/. Apart from changes in pdftex (Martin writes about that),
we have some changes in dvips: Tomas and Fabrice cleaned up some annoying
bugs (thanks!), so I think that the version number 5.92b should be also
changed at least to 5.92c (or 5.93) - to have a reference to the
behaviour. Tomas?

I'd suggest remaking (as usual) all platform dependent binaries, which
are put on he depot, only from source/. Right?
Will do that for Linux.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl