[tex-live] status report on TL?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jul 17 10:52:47 CEST 2003

    What's the ETA for the new LaTeX anyway?

Unknown.  Volker is going to check with Frank one more time and see if
he has any more firm date -- if it's not going to be in the next couple
weeks, we can't wait for it.  I think it's unlikely that it will happen,
have to be next year.

    2. documentation: updated in English only, and needs user-testing.
    Karl, you really need to put your name on it in place of mine, if you
    are to be the primary maintainer.

Well, I was hoping that I wouldn't have to be the primary maintainer
*forever* :).  I did go around changing everything that said
sebastian.rahtz at ... to tex-live at tug.org, at least ...

   4. binary tree: stable for 12 architectures,

The number of binaries for the different architectures varies quite a bit.
alpha-linux		239
alphaev5-osf4.0d	192
i386-freebsd5.0		241
i386-linux		239