[tex-live] tex4ht bugfix

Thomas Esser te@dbs.uni-hannover.de
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 10:50:46 +0100

I just have changed source.development/TeX/texk/tex4htk/tex4ht.c and
fixed a bug in the "improper command line" error message. Maybe, this
should propagate into the "source" tree in perforce.

I use

"some long line\n"
"more text",

for one long string instead of

"some long line\n\
more text"

That \ at the end of the line was not detected as "continue in the next
line", maybe, because of the CR/LF coding of the file. Using the feature
that a standard compiler must automatically concatenate subsequent string
constants, we should have a more robust solution now (independend of the
OS line end convention and the lineends of the source code).

Eitan Gurari, do you agree with that change? The program has a funny
license, but I hope that we don't need to change the name of the program
or its signature?

Thomas