[tex-live] time to compile

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja@daimi.au.dk
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:55:08 +0100

Sebastian Rahtz writes:

 > Fingers crossed, we are now at a stage where web2c,
 > teTeX and TeXLive are all at the same point, which
 > is really excellent news.

Yes it is! My (TeXLive) dream of recent years is coming true.
Many thanks to Olaf, Thomas, you and others who are making
it happen.

 > Could I ask everyone who has compiled binaries for TeX Live
 > before to gird up their loins, download the source,
 > and try again?

I tried the compilation on irix and failed:

- a problem with permisions - could you add 'chmod -R u+w .' back to Build?

 make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/tex/TeX/utils/texinfo'
 cd . && /bin/sh /usr/local/tex/TeX/utils/texinfo/missing --run aclocal-1.6 -I m4
 aclocal-1.6: cannot open > aclocal.m4: Permission denied
  at /usr/local/bin/aclocal-1.6 line 459

- the old nightmare with autoconf version. Could someone please remind me
how to get around it?

   /bin/sh /usr/local/tex/TeX/utils/texinfo/missing --run automake-1.6 --gnu  Makefile
   cd . && /bin/sh /usr/local/tex/TeX/utils/texinfo/missing --run autoconf
   configure.ac:12: error: Autoconf version 2.54 or higher is required

Kaja