[tex-live] Question about importing images into TeX/LaTeX documents...

Giuseppe Greco giuseppe.greco@bluewin.ch
02 Jan 2003 23:48:26 +0100

Hi folks,

I'm quite a newbie in the TeX/LaTeX arena...
but i find it very exciting!

Well, I read some books, and now I'm able
to write TeX documents and generate PDF or
PS output.

I use to produce graphics in PNG format, and
I need to generate PDF as well as PS output.
To accomplish that, I have to keep the same
image twice: one in PNG format and another one
in EPS format.

I would like to know if there is a way to keep
the image just in PNG or PS format and be able to
generate either PDF output or PS output.

I know, it would be possible to keep the image
just in EPS format, generate a DVI file, and
then from the DVI file generate either the PDF
or PS output. The problem by doing so, is that
the quality of the PDF output is really poor!
I tried to load the 'times.sty' package: well,
the result was better, but not so good as PDF
output generated via pdflatex.

Does anybody know how could I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your support!

--
Giuseppe Greco
Strada Regina 40