[tex-live] tl home page

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Feb 22 20:44:49 CET 2003

    that page is managed in Perforce
    these days, and synced automatically to the web server.

Ohhh ...  Where and how does this take place?  Anyway, I strongly
suggest adding a comment to the top of the file(s) saying so ...

    so you really need to edit it using Perforce,

I've tried to get perforce working several times but failed every time.
Is there any info somewhere on set-these-environment-variables and
use-this-path and make-these-directories and run-these-commands to be
able to do tl development?

    Kaja had feelings about this.

Yes, she wrote me, I'll discuss it with her.

    It might well make even *more* sense to stick up the compressed packages
    from TL8, if thats the way we go.

Oh, isn't that decided :)?  I think it's the only way to go.  If Fabrice
or someone makes a live cd, we'll probably distribute that too, if not,
well ... Yikes.

Want to change the name to TeX Live 2003 also, as we discussed?  (Not
sure that version number is embedded anywhere or if it's just a
difference in the "advertising".)

Thanks,
karl