[tex-live] hmm, pdftex and finding files

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Feb 10 17:26:07 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 16:38, Norbert Preining wrote:

> [1
> Warning: pdftex (file psfonts.map): cannot open font map file
>
> Warning: pdftex (file lw35.map): cannot open font map file
> {/src/p4-base/Master/texmf/pdftex/config/rawfonts.map}
> Warning: pdftex (file csfontd.mapfile): cannot open font map file
> ] </src/p4-base/Master/texmf/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/cm/dpi600/cmr10.pk>
> Output written on texput.pdf (1 page, 3819 bytes).
> Transcript written on texput.log.
> norbert at mandala:
> [~]
>
> But the files
> 	/src/p4-base/Master/texmf/pdftex/config/rawfonts.map
> is readable.
>
> Hmm, can someone explain me this?

maybe. the files like pdftex.map and psfonts.map are created
by "updmap", which (by default) writes in $VARTEXMF. I decided
they did not belong in the TeX Live tree, as a user should
always make his/her own updmap run. the install procedure does this,
of course.

however, it looks like you have an old pdftex config file somewhere,
as things like rawfonts.map and csfontd.mapfile are now all gone
(well rawfonts *should* have gone :-}).

moral:

 * find and destroy (or amend) local pdftex.cfg
 * run updmap

Sebastian